VSA Thailand is an Informal Education Organization / Non-Profit Organization (NPO) / Non-Government Organization (NGO) / Social Enterprise / Peace organization collaborating international voluntary projects for people of all ages, cultures, religious and economic backgrounds.
VSA is IVS representative in Thailand as the bridge to bring people from various cultures or believing to learn cultural diversity, make understanding by supporting activities of local communities around the world. Imagine, the small group of people with different characters gathering in local communities around the world and supporting local activities with villagers. This's the image of idea 'Think Global Act Local'
Learning and understanding in cultural diversity bring the Companion, Reducing Conflict, Individual Capacity Building and Developing Community Potential.
Volunteer Spirit Association (VSA Thailand) was started in 2008 as SAWASDEE Thailand (ST) and organized the first international workcamp in 2009.
VSA is a full member of NVDA (Network Voluntary Development in Asia) and CCIVS (Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service). We are promoting International Voluntary Service (IVS) in Thailand.
Co-ordinates international voluntary projects for people of all ages,
cultures, religious and economic backgrounds.
International Voluntary Service, Gateway to Global Citizen,
an organization where you can share friendships and dreams with people around the world.
VSA, "we dont give the fish but we give you how to fish". Becasue we could not give you everyday fish, but you can fish by yourself if you know the way to fishing.
So, our policy we don't give money or any donations as many other organizations alrady supported.
But we will support the knowledge, tools and coorperation.
VSA "เราไม่นำปลามาให้ แต่เราให้วิธีการตกปลาแทน"
เพราะเราไม่สามารถนำปลามาให้ท่านได้ทุกวัน หากแต่ถ้าท่านสามารถตกปลาได้เอง ถ้าท่านได้เรียนรู้วิธีการมาแล้ว
ดังนั้น เราจึงทำไม่กิจกรรมด้านการให้เงิน การรับบริจาค หรือการส่งต่อสิ่งของใด ๆ แต่ VSA สนับสนุนด้านความรู้ เครื่องมือ และการเข้าถึงความรู้ รวมทั้งความร่วมมือด้านต่าง ๆ ที่จะนำมาซึ่งประโยชน์ในการเรียนรู้และการพัฒนาตนเอง
- Started as SAWASDEE Group (World Tanabata Action)
- August, First International Camp at Klonghae Temple (Songkhla)
- The Association was officially registered as Volunteer Spirit Association: VSA Thailand (17 March 2010)
- Became associate member of Network for Voluntary Development in Asia (NVDA). NVDA is an international networking organization founded in 1997 to promote international voluntary service in Asia and Pacific regions.
- Became member of Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS). CCIVS is an international networking organization founded in 1948 under the aegis of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Become full member of NVDA
- Started MLTV Project
- Started Peace Village, The InterCutural and Language Learning Center (ICL Center)
- Started Bilateral/Group workcamp
- Started Outgoing Program
- Started projects around Thailand, Chiangmai, Udornthani, Trang, Loei, Nakornprathom, Kanjanaburi
- Being Guest of Alliance Technical Meeting, Slovakia (February)
- Become Partner of Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organization (November)
- Moved to ICL House to be VSA Office
- VSA Hosted Pre-Workcamp - Organic Agriculture Camp Songkhla 12-15 January 2014
- VSA hosted 10th Training and Networking Workcamp and the 9th General Assembly 15 - 21 January 2014 and Asian Summit 2014 of International Voluntary Service at 18 January 2014
- VSA hosted 5th Global LMTV MEETING (GLM) 21-25 January 2014 Songkhla, Thailand
- NVDA Executive Committee (Treasure) 2014-2015
- Started VSA Volunteer project
- Moved to Learning HOME to be VSA Office
- Started VSA Publishing
- Started coorparation with partners on Eramus+ program
- VSA hosted Asian Youth Leadership Training 16-24 April 2015 at Ban Krok Luk School, Nakorn ratchasima Thailand
- Started working with CSR project (Corporate Social Responsibility with Business Company)
- NVDA Executive Committee (General Secretary) 2016-2017
- Moved office at Palm Spring Village Airport, Hatyai Songkhla
- First General Assembly with local partners
- Start project in Krabi (Ban Din Na school)
- Become Member of IAVE
- Post Covid-19
- Moved VSA office back to registered place. Learning HOME
- Virtual Workcamp
- 17 March- Community Development Department, Ministry of Interior Thailand approved VSA to organize International workcamp with OTOP Nawatvitee Communities with 5 pilot provinces, Chiangmai, Nakoenpanom, Singburi, Trang and Chonburi
- Short Term Workcamp (STV) 1-3 weeks workcamp
- Very Short Term Workcamp (VSTV) weekend workcamp or 3-4 days workcamp
- Mid-Long Term Volunteer (MLTV) Internship and volunteer project for 1 – 12 months.
- Volunteer abroad Thai volunteer participate in voluntary workcamp an project abroad
- Bilateral / Group Workcamp the voluntary workcamp with 2 nationalities
- VSA Open House organize on 1th - 5th of every month
- InterCutural and Language learning program