Short Term Volunteer (STV) organizing international workcamps with the following themes:
- Education (EDU) teaching, learning, exchanging, with kids and adult in non-formal education way.
- Environment (ENVI) planting trees, taking care of planted trees, collecting garbage, cleaning public water sources, conservation, etc.
- Agriculture (AGRI) learning Royal new Theory agriculture, organic farming, organic gas, etc.
- Culture (CULT) local history festival, cultural learning through local museums.
- Renovation (RENO) Painting, cleaning, repairing, reconstruction, etc.
- Construction (CONS) Build new buildings.
- Social (SOCI) Local community development.
- Festival (FEST) Attending local traditional festivals.
- Work with kids (KIDS)
- Age over 18 years.
- Ability to communicate in English or full intention to try.
- Friendly and loves to learn new things.
- Adaptability and open mind.
- Culture respect.
- Camp leader will be the one who manages and answers your questions, the camp leader will be the coordinator between international volunteers and local hosts in the beginning of camp. After a while, international volunteers can learn to communicate themselves with the local host, even if we use different languages. We welcome creative idea to reach the camp goal.
- Cooking Team and Cleaning team volunteers take turn for cooking, cleaning.
- Simple life volunteer are expected to stay at public hall, temple, school, Home stay, forest camping, depending on what project they’ve selected entails.
- Participation fee is used for food and accommodation during workcamp. Volunteers in their own expenses, such as souvenirs, alcohols, personal food, free time travel expenses and also expense before and after their camp.
- Volunteers will pay the participation fee on the arrival day at the camp to their camp leader.
Why participation fee?
VSA is not financially supported by government to host projects related to IVS. Hence all projects are self-funded with a participation fee. Given the remote location and various complexities we have tried our best to make it as affordable as possible for volunteers. Being a non-profit organization we emphasize on transparency, below is how we spend collected participation fee.
- Food, accommodation and logistics of volunteer during workcamp.
- Project setup costs. (material and logistics cost)
- Running the camp. (wages of professional like mason, carpenter, plumber etc and training local youth supported by us.)
- Office running/admin expenses. (Internet, photocopy, stationary, electricity, phone, salaries, office equipments, tools and rent etc.)
- Supporting small community project.
- International travel costs to global conferences and membership fee for networking.
The participation Fee will be divide as
- 40% for Project Running, preparing workcamp all workcamp and MLTV project cost
- 40% for Organization Running, all administrative cost such internet, rental, salary, phone, equipment, etc.
- 10% Networking, Training and Seminar, cost for International travel costs to global conferences and membership fee for networking
- 10% Foundation, activities and supporting to our local partners outside the project.
How to apply and step
- Contact the VSA partner in your resident country
- Complete Volunteer Exchange Form
- Participate in Phone/ Skype Interview (only for some workcamps)
- With acceptance, the volunteer will get acceptance letter and information sheet by email via sending organization
- With Confirmation of acceptance, the volunteer need to confirm their participation by completing the confirmation form within the acceptance letter and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending organization.
- Once all these steps are completed, pure able to join the work camp and share an amazing intercultural time together!
About VISA to Thailand
Summary of Countries and Territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand
- Please contact us immediately after clearly coordinate with your sending organization if you need confirmation letter. VSA Thailand can help you before you leave your country but cannot provide a visa upon your arrival in Thailand. You need to make arrangements for a visa in your home country before your departure date. Your sending organization will usually help you along with the process. For information click here
- If you have Tourist VISA, do not go out of Thailand until your VISA invalidate because the Tourist VISA will be finished and you have to asking for VISA again at Thai Consulate abroad.