Basic Toilet is ready to use!!
And we are just 5 minutes from the Beach!!!
Clay house Learning Centre is the new learning center of VSA studying on social work, nature and environmental friendly.
The aims of new learning center is
· Living as natural and environmental friendly.
· Learning center for everyone who want to learn how to build and live with natural condition.
· Sharing different living experience as the VSA main aim InterCutural and Language learning (ICL)
To Build habitat as the Clay house is the low cost living expense which available for everyone. Also the method is not to complicate and need much cost both money and knowledge. Clay House also can be built for other purpose such as agriculture (to be mushroom room, storage tool, etc.), service place etc. As its condition is cooler than bricks house, in Thailand clay house is the significant alternative place for cooler condition avoiding using air-condition.
This is the setting up of new learning center. The whole place is originally landscape. There are one hut and toilets. Thus, volunteer will help to build new clay house using for learning center.
· Learning Hall zone
· Kitchen and eating zone
· Accommodation zone
Also helping set up administrative system, administrative tools, accounting, website and documents. Doing organic farm, environmental friendly, recycle garbage, making our own organic living stuff and exchange the culture with Local people
VSA CHC TIME TABLE
Location VSA CHC , 357 M.9 Huisaai sub-district Muang Prachuapkhirikhan 77000
Accommodation Volunteers stay in the VSA CHC
- Nature environment, stay together in the local house basic and simple
- Shower, electricity, refrigerator, and fans will be provided
- Washing clothes by hand.
- Mattress and mosquitoes net are provided (wash it before leave)
- Please keep clean and tidy
- Internet connection is available in the camp
- There are small organic farm in camp that can be volunteer food.
- You are expected to bring your ingredients from your hometown for cultural exchange.
- Go to buy food in local market together
- Cooking together
- Local temple
- Beach (there are closed around 5 kl.)
- Water fall
- Island (we can go buy walk to Island)
Fee 8,000 Bath cover
Ø Meals (three times a day), 2 break times and accommodation DURING the project period.
Ø Transportation for the program organized by VSA, such as go visit some organic farm.
Ø All travel costs to and from the project and all personal expense during free time such as transportation, alcohol, sweets, etc. must be covered by Volunteers.
Ø It may be very difficult to change or withdraw money during the Project. So, please prepare adequate funds of Thai Bath in Cash beforehand !!
Ø Culture respect is need in VSA CHC (Peace Village) as we stay with many international volunteers
Ø You should prepare travel insurance and visa by yourself before departure, there is Local Public Health in case of minor injury that you may get free of medical expense.
Ø If your behavior during the project is not cooperative (e.g. not working properly, not respecting others, breaking the rules, the local manners and culture, etc.), you will be requested to improve. If there is still no improvement, we may request you to leave as the final choice.
What to bring
1. Working clothes and shoes (can be dirty)
2. Cap or hat as Thai weather is hot.
3. Sun-block cream
Volunteer Spirit Association (VSA Thailand) is a non-profit (NPO)/non-government (NGO) / Peace organization collaborates international voluntary projects for people of all ages, cultures, religious and economic backgrounds.
Our work is based on the belief that to learning, sharing and understanding reduce any conflicts to the last goal that is PEACE.
Volunteer Spirit Association (VSA Thailand) started activities in 2008 as SAWASDEE Thailand (ST) and organized first international workcamp in 2009.
Now VSA is a full member of NVDA (Network Voluntary Development in Asia) and CCIVS (Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service) and still keep promoting International Voluntary Service (IVS) in Thailand step by step.
- Thai people is kind and always smile for greeting, Thai life is easy, we are easy to live especially with foreigners. So hitch hike is work in Thailand but sometime be careful if you are alone girl.
- SAWASDEE Ka is Hello for Woman, SAWASDEE Krub is Hello for Man just say this word when greeting you will get the smile back from Thai.
- Water from tab could not drink but just use for washing.
- Sometime you will see Thai toilet, please use bath to get water for suppression.
Have a nice and safety trip to Thailand, see you!