This camp was very interesting for us. Local people are all kind and friendly. Monks are also. We enjoyed with them so much. Working in the temple (building, cleaning etc.) are so interesting.
For our participant (he is high school student), it was very nice that the camp leader was also a high school student. It is good for them to spend the time together.
I hope to come again with Japanese teenagers and young people.
Thank you very much to everybody.
Reiko Takafuji (NICE leader, Japan)
Monday 17 meeting at Udon Thani airport, stay at hotel
Tuesday 18 orientation meeting, move to Loei, meditation stay at Thamphasantitham Temple
· following monk's begging, preparing breakfast for monks, cleaning toilet
· go to Chane Khan, visiting cricket farm, cooking and eating dinner together with local people in the village (local foods and Japanese curry&rice)
· home stay
· giving food to monk's begging, go to Mekong rive
· cleaning the temple, learning how to make herbal shampoo & medicine
· shopping at the local market, go to Loei, free time in the evening, stay at hotel
· excursion to Kunming, planting tree at the temple
· following monk's begging, preparing breakfast for monks, building work
· go to cave, meditation, evaluation meeting, stay at Thamphasantitham Temple
Sunday 23 go back to Udon Thani airport